Definitive Technology BP7002
Released June, 2008
The Pros:Very sleek, modern styling looks great, complements modern HDTVs quite well. Articulate, detailed sound stage with minimal colouration. Great for standalone stereo.music use as well as for 5.1-channel home theaters.
The Cons:Very heavy at 77lbs. and large--not suitable for smaller setups. Bass response can be overpowering at times, drowning out the mids and highs.
The Definitive Technology BP7002 model is an expensive, mid-grade floor standing speaker pair that is part of the Definitive Tech Bipolar audio equipment series. This mid-level speaker set is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the pair is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The BP7002 cabinet stands 46.25" tall and is surrounded in a glossy and professional finish that is only available in a Piano-Black color. Each 7002 speaker unit includes a built-in 12" subwoofer that is powered by a 300 watt class D amplifier and two additional pressure coupled 12" low bass radiators.
Definitive Technology claims the 7002 "dual built-in powered subwoofers achieve better blending, integration and timbre accuracy than could ever be achieved with separate subs". Each unit includes two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters, four 5.25" high-def upper bass/mid-range drivers, and one 12" long throw subwoofer that is pressure coupled to two 12" low bass radiators. The speakers are sold however as one to a carton, meaning they can not be bought in pairs; in other words DT sells both a left channel and right channel speaker but seperately. The BP7002 speakers include additional features such as an internal amp power of 300 watts, an auto on/off feature with signal sensing capabilities, one pair of 5 way binding post inputs, one optional LFE input, stabilizer bars/feet/ and spikes, and a DT 5 year warranty for the speakers/ 3 year warranty for the amplifier.
- High-end, floor-standing, left or right channel speakers
- Professional Piano-Black finish
- 12" Supercube subwoofer powered by a built-in 300 watt class D amplifier
- Each unit includes two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters, four 5.25" high-def upper bass/mid-range drivers, and one 12" long throw subwoofer
- Auto on/off feature
- 5 way binding post inputs (1 pair)
- An optional LFE input
- Stabilizer bars/feet/ and spikes to keep speaker units grounded
- Includes DT 5 year warranty for the speakers/ 3 year warranty for the amplifier
- Dimensions: 7-1/4" (W) x 16" (D) x 46-1/4" (H)
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Recommended Associate Amp Power: 20-400 watts
- Internal Amp Power: 300 watts
- Power Requirements: 110 volts Alternating Current
- Weight: 77 lbs
User Reviews (1)
Very sleek, modern styling looks great, complements modern HDTVs quite well.
Articulate, detailed sound stage with minimal colouration.
Great for standalone stereo.music use as well as for 5.1-channel home theaters.
Little to no distortion at high volumes.
Excellent bass performance even without a separate subwoofer--very deep and resonant.
Delivers some of the best sound quality available at this price point.
Very heavy at 77lbs. and large--not suitable for smaller setups.
Bass response can be overpowering at times, drowning out the mids and highs.
You may also like...