Definitive Technology BP7001SC
Released June, 2008
The Pros:Sound quality will satisfy audiophiles looking for top-end equipment. Overall smooth and clean tone completely free of distortion. Represent almost the complete audible range.
The Cons:Weigh quite a bit, can't be shifted around easily. Won't be properly broken in until 75-100 hours of use.
The Definitive Technology BP7001SC model is an expensive, top-of-the-line floor standing speaker pair that is part of the Definitive Tech Bipolar audio equipment series. This very high-end speaker set is designed to compliment an elegant and luxurious lifestyle; thus the pair is specifically targeted for a more mature audience.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The BP7001SC cabinet stands 48" tall and is surrounded in a glossy and professional finish that is available in either Piano-Black or Golden Cherry colors. Each 7001SC speaker unit includes a built-in 10" Supercube subwoofer that is powered by a 1500 watt class D amplifier and two additional pressure coupled 10" low bass radiators. Definitive Technology claims the 7001SC set jumps into new boundaries with the provided low frequency performance; they say it has never been seen before in speakers that cost less than $50,000. DT boasts that even one of the 7001SC pair will provide more bass at the lowest volumes possible and will still provide better control, speed and detail than the power of any single subwoofer. Each unit includes two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters, four 6.5" high-def upper bass/mid-range drivers, and one 10" long throw subwoofer that is pressure coupled to two 10" low bass radiators. The speakers are sold however as one to a carton, meaning they can not be bought in pairs; in other words DT sells both a left channel and right channel speaker but seperately. The BP7001SC speakers include additional features such as an internal amp power of 1500 watts, an auto on/off feature with signal sensing functionality, 2 pairs of 5 way binding post inputs, one optional LFE input, stabilizer bars/feet/ and spikes, and a DT 5 year warranty for the speakers/ 3 year warranty for the amplifier.
- High-end, floor-standing, left or right channel speakers
- Professional Piano-Black or Golden Cherry gloss finish
- 10" Supercube subwoofer powered by a built-in 1500 watt class D amplifier
- Each unit includes two 1" pure aluminum dome tweeters, four 6.5" high-def upper bass/mid-range drivers, and one 10" long throw subwoofer
- Auto on/off feature
- 5 way binding post inputs (2 pairs)
- An optional LFE input
- Stabilizer bars/feet/ and spikes to keep speaker units grounded
- Includes DT 5 year warranty for the speakers/ 3 year warranty for the amplifier
- Dimensions: 8-7/16" (W) x 15" (D) x 48" (H)
- Frequency Response: 13 Hz - 30 kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Recommended Associate Amp Power: 30-600 watts
- Internal Amp Power: 1500 watts
- Power Requirements: 110 volts Alternating Current
- Weight: 120 lbs
User Reviews (1)
sound quality will satisfy audiophiles looking for top-end equipment
overall smooth and clean tone completely free of distortion
represent almost the complete audible range
adequate stand-alone stereo solution for almost any audio purpose
sound reproduction faithful to the original, doesn't add "warmth" or "crispness", just clarity
weigh quite a bit, can't be shifted around easily
won't be properly broken in until 75-100 hours of use
You may also like...